ACTONEL DR, 35MG, ENTERIC TAB.
This medication is typically used for osteoporosis. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few months.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Because it may cause esophageal irritation, this product must be swallowed with a large glass of water. Avoid lying down for at least 30 minutes after taking it. This medication should be swallowed whole. It should not be split, crushed or chewed.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It is preferable to take this medication in the morning with food.
To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid at the same time and avoid drugs that reduce gastric acidity. Also avoid mineral supplements (calcium, iron, magnesium or zinc).
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause joint pain;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may increase your risk of stomach ulcers.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.