Do you wish to stop smoking? Your pharmacist can provide advice and guide you through this journey. Here’s an action plan that you can follow with your pharmacist:
1. Choose a starting point
We all have to start somewhere, so pick a starting date and set achievable goals.
Tell your your friends and family and ask them for support.
2. Meet your pharmacist
Your pharmacist will:
- Determine how dependent you are on nicotine
- Help you understand your main smoking habits and identify your triggers
- Ask you about your previous attempts to quit smoking to make sure you don’t fall back into the same bad habits
3. Follow a personalized treatment
If needed, your pharmacist can prescribe a tailored solution, including:
- Nicotine replacement products used for replacing the nicotine from cigarettes (patches, chewing gum and lozenges)
4. Reward yourself
You should reward yourself when you’re progressing.
Many benefits of a smoke-free life can be felt in the long-term, but some benefits are almost instant as well. So keep on going!
The pharmacy services presented in this section are offered by Guardian, I.D.A. and Remedy'sRx pharmacists. The pharmacists are solely responsible for the professional activities carried out during the practice of pharmacy. These services are offered in participating pharmacies only. Certain fees and conditions may apply.
* The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide complete information on the subject matter or to replace the advice of a health professional. This information does not constitute medical consultation, diagnosis or opinion and should not be interpreted as such. Please consult your health care provider if you have any questions about your health, medications or treatment.