APO BUTORPHANOL, 10MG/ML, NASAL SPRAY
This medication is a narcotic pain reliever. Typically, it is used for pain. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
Prior to its first use, the vaporizer must be primed as described on the package insert.
This product is to be sprayed into the nostrils. To use:
- blow your nose to clear your nostrils;
- shake the container well;
- tilt your head forward slightly;
- spray the prescribed dose into the nostrils, breathing normally - do not sniff deeply;
- wait 15 minutes after using the product before blowing your nose.
This medication is typically used every 3 to 4 hours. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause nasal irritation or stuffiness;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause blurred vision.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This treatment may be habit-forming. Do not use this medication for longer than necessary. If you have difficulty stopping the medication when the treatment is finished, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Rarely, this product causes potentially severe reactions, mostly if taken at high doses or with some other drugs. If you experience agitation, confusion, diarrhea, fever, tremor and muscular rigidity or contractions you should contact your doctor.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.