BACKUP PLAN ONESTEP, 1.5MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for emergency contraception (the morning-after pill). Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically taken in a single dose. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used as a single treatment.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. If you vomit within two (2) hours after taking the medication, contact your health care professional, an additional dose may be prescribed.
This medication may be taken with or without food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses);
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause unusual tiredness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.