CLAFORAN, 1G, INJ.POWDER
This medication contains an antibiotic from the cephalosporin family. Typically, it is used to treat infections. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This drug can, on occasion, be administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a doctor or a nurse, but can also be used at home. If you are taking this drug at home, make sure that the health care facility overseeing your treatment has provided you with all the necessary information regarding its administration. It is very important that you comply with the directions for use to fully benefit from the effects of this drug and to limit any adverse reactions.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin.
Respect the provided storage instructions for this product. If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.