Looking for health information?
24 results for letter S
Seasonal depression, also known as seasonal affective disorder, is a type of depression that affects 2 to 3% of Canadians. Symptoms tend to appear in the fall and winter.
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Seizures (epilepsy)
- Sexual dysfunction in men
- Sexual dysfunction in women
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Shingles (zona)
Sinusitis is the swelling of tissues lining in the nasal cavity and it can be one of the complications from the flu and cold.
Even if the number of cases increases every year, skin cancer remains preventable and usually curable. Read about our preventive measures.
Sleep apnea is characterized by temporary breathing cessations during sleep.
- Smoking cessation
- Sore nipples and breasts in breastfeeding mothers
Sore throat can be relieved through a few simple measures.
- Sprains and strains
- Streptococcal pharyngitis and scarlet fever