ACTEMRA, 20MG/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication is typically used for rheumatoid arthritis. It may also be used for arthritis in children, as well as for other uses.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of minutes by a health professional.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause mouth irritation and sores;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections;
- it may cause a skin reaction;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method during treatment and for several months after the end of it. Ask your healthcare professional for details.
Blood tests must be done regularly while using this medication. A blood test will indicate whether your treatment is having the desired effect. It will also provide the necessary information for adjusting the dosage to the lowest effective dose, thus decreasing the risk of side effects. Be sure to keep all your appointments.
This agent may reduce your body's ability to fight infections. It is recommended that you contact your doctor if you experience signs of infections like fever and chills since some users have developed serious infections. Many vaccines must be avoided during your treatment - be sure to mention it to your health professionals.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.