CYCLOBENZAPRINE, 10MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for muscle spasms. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
The dosage of this medication depends on what it is used for. Depending on the circumstance, it may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause blurred vision and dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may alter your sense of taste.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Rarely, this product causes potentially severe reactions, mostly if taken at high doses or with some other drugs. If you experience agitation, confusion, diarrhea, fever, tremor and muscular rigidity or contractions you should contact your doctor.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
© Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.